Information Technologies and Communication Working Group
As the world evolves from the information society of the 20th century to the super-smart society of the 21st century, the internet comes to the fore as the most effective factor of this change. The widespread use of information technologies on a global scale provides a serious economic income to the countries working on production in the hardware and software context, while at the same time, it creates a vulnerability and security problem in terms of personal data and institutional security, as well as technological addiction for users in the consumer position.
The material and moral damages caused by the problems encountered in commercial, political, and ethical issues of individual and social layers require process management, which requires a social strategy that will affect the characters and talents of future generations, their professional competencies, and productivity, in which we can see the advantages and risks side by side. In this process of management, accurate scientific data analyses and strategies are needed. At this point, it is essential to provide accurate information to decision-makers.
Although both parliamentary research commissions and related institutions have studies on this subject in our country, it is necessary to approach the issue from an academic point of view. Our working group, with its multidisciplinary academic structure consisting of different scientific disciplines, will make an effort to evaluate different perspectives on this subject, report, and offer solutions.
TÜBA-Information Technologies and Communication Working Group focuses on the economic and social effects of these developments as well as examining current developments in information technology. It is up to academics to analyze how this power, which has become more and more difficult to discuss beforehand and to oppose its effects, for the benefit of society, and to guide decision-makers/policymakers. The working group that will operate within the scope of TÜBA’s mission;
- To conduct investigations and consultancy in scientific matters and to determine scientific priorities.
- Contribute to the cooperation between public, private, and voluntary organizations in the field of scientific research related to developments in information technologies.
- Organize workshops in this field and ensure that the issue is discussed by the relevant people, reporting and consulting to decision-makers.
- Aim to make suggestions for the creation of technical and human capacity in terms of research in the field of information technology in our country.
- Prof. Dr. Hacı Ali Mantar / Executive / TÜBA Associate Member / TÜBİTAK BİLGEM Computer Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Hayrunnisa Bolay Belen / TÜBA Full Member / Gazi University Medicine / Neurology
- Prof. Dr. Aydın Gülan / TÜBA Full Member / Istanbul University, Administrative Law
- Prof. Dr. Seydin Doğan / TÜBA Associate Member / Balıkesir University, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Özcan Öztürk / TÜBA Associate Member / Bilkent University, Computer Engineering
- Assoc. Dr. Yasin Bulduklu / Izmir Katip Celebi University, Applied Communication
- Assoc. Dr. Cem Korkut / Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University, Economics
- Dr. Fatih Kaplanhan / Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University, Financial Law