- To carry out the studies ıntended to give direction to science policies and provide science-based consultancy service
- To prize and encourage scientists and their achievements based on scientific worthiness
- To encourage to be scientist
- To give guidance to spread scientific approach and thinking in society
- To be an active partner of world science community
- To take charge actively in application and development of Turkish as science language.
- To be an academy performing understanding of corporate governance succesfully
To be a science academy which gives direction to our country’s science policies as one of the most active and valued members of world science academies society.
In order to interiorize science at global level in our country, in cooperation at national and international level, with an approach serving for national goals and strategies;
- To give direction to science policies of our country
- To give all stakeholders science based consultancy service
- To encourage science and scientists
- To make people adopt scientific thinking
- To work for making «Turkish» a science language
- To fortify international scientific collaboration representing our country internationally.
The Turkish Academy of Sciences was established in accordance with the Statutory Decree No. 497 which went into force on September 2, 1993. After the appointment of the founding members by the Prime Minister, the formation of the first general assembly, the election of the Chairman and Academy Council members and the appointment of the Chairman were completed the Academy began operating on January 7, 1994. In accordance with law TÜBA is a legal entity with scientific, administrative and financial autonomy which reports to the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology.
The Objectives of TÜBA
(Statutory Decree No 497 article: 1)
In all fields of science in Turkey the Academy’s objective is;
- To encourage research, scientific identity and the work of researchers,
- To honor those you labor in these fields,
- To guide young people towards science and research,
- To raise the social status of scientists and researchers in Turkey and work on protecting them,
- To help raise science and research standards to international level.
The Duties of TÜBA
(Statutory Decree No 497 article: 2)
To investigate and provide consultation on scientific subjects and determining scientific priorities,
To help popularize scientific approach and thought in society,
To recommend changes in legislation to the Government on the social status of Turkish scientists and researchers, their living standards, their income and the special conveniences and privileges that are a requirement or such activities,
To ensure the acknowledgement and acceptance of the country’s public for the importance of science and to present rewards that encourage becoming a scientist,
To conduct all manner of activities and carry out all duties to realize the objectives specified above.